Global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets.
We are working with a major T & D business who are recruiting for an Estimator with Overhead Lines experience. This is a permanent role based in their offices in Leicester.
As an Estimator, you’ll be responsible for preparing competitively priced estimates in line with the required submission timescales and ensuring compliance with the mandatory procedures
Role Specific Requirements:
- Be able to comply with Business Conduct, Anti Bribery and Corruption undertakings and mandatory and fundamental procedures.
- Support Project Sponsor at Commercial Review Board meetings when seeking Approval to Prepare or Submit.
- Support the Internal Bid Strategy for Tenders from both Contribution & Implementation.
- Preparation of tenders in line with specified timeline
- Ensure priced project specific risk registers are completed for tenders in the approved format
- Ensure competitive quotations are received from the market on favourable terms for all Tenders being worked on.
- Arrange and present pricing reviews to senior management prior to tender submission for Tenders responsibly for, attend other pricing reviews as deemed necessary.
- Ensure liaison with internal Group departments for currency hedging and inflation advice
- Review and understand Client supplied Tender Documentation to establish Tender scope and identify any missing documentation
- Identify any clarification required from the Client to confirm/clarify any ambiguities in the Tender Documentation relating to the Tender.
- Analyse Tender supplied drawings and specifications
- Assemble accurate and well organised estimates and input into proposals in a timely manner
- Provide clear and detailed quantity take offs, Bills of Quantities/other pricing documents to reflect the scope of works.
- Interaction with the Procurement department to obtain sub-contractor quotations including Technical scope and pricing requirements, once received clarify & negotiate if required to insure quotes comply with contract documents, scope of works and required pricing inclusions.
- Produce Project Cashflows in line with payment terms and Wood cashflow requirements.
- Calculating Bonds, Warranties & Guarantee costs.
- Interaction with the Procurement Department to obtain material and equipment prices
- Input into Tender Project Programme in terms of man hours and work breakdown structures.
- Complete Client provided cost breakdown structure and pricing related documents
- Input where required into overall Tender Proposal Submission Documents
- Responding to Client Tender Clarifications post Tender Submission and attending Clarification meetings as required.
- Establish and maintain good working Relationships with all members of the T & D Team
- If successful Preparation of handover documents & Lead Tender handover to Project Delivery Team
- Effective communications
Terms and Conditions
At Charteris our approach is different and that makes all the difference. We have developed a model that challenges the out-of-date methodologies and fee structures of traditional recruitment firms. All our fee structures are bespoke and dependant on our client’s needs. Get in touch and lets discuss how we can help you. firstname.lastname@example.org
Charteris Global Search are committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and users of our website. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website or email is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
CGSmay collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) and other relevant information from your CV. On occasions this may also include - sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin. This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
- to provide our services to you;
- to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
- to enable you to submit your CV for general applications and to apply for specific jobs. Please see the separate section on your CV below which outlines additional uses and disclosures;
- to match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs;
- to answer your enquiries;
- to fulfil contractual obligations with our clients
- to trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as reference, qualification and criminal reference checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills tests. These third parties comply with similar and equally stringent undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as CGS.
- to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses and function co-ordinators. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as CGS.
- If CGS merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we may share personal information with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors and if this happens, you will be sent notice of such event;
- We may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law and
- we may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
Curriculum vitae ("CV")
After submitting your CV by email or through a third-party job site to which we subscribe, your CV will be stored in the CGSdatabase and will be accessible by CGSrecruitment consultants in the UK.
You can update your CV at any time, simply by emailing your new CV. Your old CV will automatically be archived providing the submission details remain the same (for example you submit both CVs using the same email address or you advise the relevant contact of your new submission).
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information supplied by you that we hold. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We also have the right to charge an administrative fee for this service. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so.
If you would like to make a request for information, please contact email@example.com. You also have the right to ask the team to stop using your information. However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our clients or financial information that we need to keep for periods of up to six years, i.e. that relate to tax matters. Where we are unable to comply with your request we will provide reasons for failing to do so.
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about CGS online privacy commitment, please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any enquires you can email@example.com Or write to:
The Old Vicarage, Market Street, Castle Donington. Derbyshire. De74 2JB